Italian Wedding Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Snuggle weather has soup on around this house, and sharing the goodness with friends is what it’s all about, right? Pull out the Instant Pot and fill ‘er up with all the goodness this Italian Wedding Soup has to offer! packed full of nutrients and deliciousness to warm you up when it’s cold to the bones!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound organic ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons almond flour (or other flour alternatives)
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup or squirt of stevia to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
For the Soup:
- 64 ounces of organic or homemade chicken or beef broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, ghee, or lard
- Optional: 1 cup Grain Free, Gluten Free Couscous
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Meanwhile, assemble your meatballs by combining meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix well by hand
- Form meatballs between 1-2″ in diameter and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and then remove from oven
- In your Instant Pot, use the saute feature to cook your diced onion and tablespoon of cooking fat until the onion is slightly translucent and begins to brown.
- Now add in your broth, meatballs, carrots, and seasonings, reserving the spinach for later
- If using Grain Free Couscous add-in now. If not to thicken your soup, add in 1 tablespoon tapioca starch with a bit of broth after soup is finished.
- Now secure the lid of your Instant Pot, close the steam vent, and set on Manual, High Pressure, with a cook time of 10 MINUTES.
- After quick releasing and its safe to open, remove lid and toss in chopped spinach.
- Stir well until spinach wilts.
- Add in tapioca starch if desired to thicken soup.
*adapted from Predominantly Paleo
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.