Turkey Meatball Mania
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
These cheesy turkey meatballs served over cauli-rice are lip-smacking good and are just the satisfying meal for something yummy without being too heavy during the warmer summer months! Perfect for the whole family!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey (or chicken)
- 1 bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 egg
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt + fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups riced cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice
- Juice of one lemon (or 1-drop of lemon essential oil)
- Red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
1. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, and 1 cup shredded mozzarella until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, mix ground turkey, egg, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, crumbled bouillon cube, parsley, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
3. Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, take a scoop of the meatball mixture and press it flat in the palm of your hand. Place a spoonful of the cream cheese stuffing in the center of the meat and delicately fold the edges over the cheese, sealing it and rolling into a ball. Repeat this process with the remaining ground meat and cream cheese stuffing.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear meatballs on all sides for about 10-15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
The cauliflower rice
1. In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the riced cauliflower and stir to coat in melted butter. Cook, stirring regularly for 1 minute.
2. Stir in the 1/2 cup vegetable stock, hot sauce, and lemon zest (if using). Cook for one minute to reduce juices then add the lemon juice.
3. Adjust seasoning as needed. Stir in the parsley. Return the meatballs over cauliflower rice and reheat quickly. Serve with fresh cracked black pepper, red chili pepper flakes, and parmesan if you like. Enjoy!
Note: To make the meatballs juicier, you can mix in 1/3 of ground pork meat.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from Eat Well 101
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.