Thai Stir Fry with Shrimp
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
It’s too hot to heat up the whole kitchen with lots of pots and pans (no thank you extra dishes), so that’s why this one-dish easy stir fry is just the answer to a warm but light dinner in the heat!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 onion, cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1 cup-optional)
- 1 tomato, cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 cucumber, cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1 cup)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- cilantro leaves to garnish
- lime wedges to garnish
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lime juice (juice of 1/2 lime)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar (honey okay)
- 1 tsp Tabasco garlic pepper sauce
- 1 tsp tamari (or 1.5 tsp coconut aminos)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
1. Combine the sauce ingredients, stir together, then set aside. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
2. Heat a wok over high heat until very hot (just smoking), about 1 minute. Add 2 tbsp of the coconut oil, swirl it around for a second, then add the garlic. Stir-fry it for a few seconds, then add the shrimp. Stir-fry until pink, curled, and starting to brown in spots, about 1 minute, then remove from the wok with a slotted spoon and set on some paper towels or a wire rack so they don’t get soggy.
3. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil to the work, swirl it around, then add the onion. Stir-fry until just starting to soften at the edges, about 20 seconds, then add the pineapple, tomato, and bell pepper. Stir-fry until starting to soften, about 30 more seconds, then add the sauce, cooked shrimp, and cucumber. Toss until well-incorporated and starting to thicken, about 20 seconds, then remove from heat; taste and add salt and white pepper to taste.
4. Serve garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.
*If you need help figuring out why you’re struggling with the weight in the first place, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then check out…
The Secret Weight Loss Recipe… It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from TheDomesticMan.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.