Taco in a Bowl
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Time for a south of the border flare for dinner to spice things up a bit! Our One Pot Wonder dish makes for minimal time in the kitchen with easy peasy cleanup! Plus, turn up the music cause there’s plenty of time to do the salsa before or after dinner!…LOL!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2.5 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese 1/2 a block, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilis14 ounce can
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese divided
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1.5 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks. Mix it with the taco seasoning and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Set aside.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and half the shredded cheese with the can of Rotel tomatoes. Mix well. Add the dried onion flakes, garlic powder, chipotle powder, cilantro, and green onions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil, working in batches to not overcrowd the pan. You don’t need to cook the chicken through — it’ll finish cooking in the oven.
- Combine the browned chicken and any pan juices with the cheese and Rotel mixture.
- Fold the chicken and cheese sauce into a shallow casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375-F for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly and chicken is cooked through (cooked to 165-F).
- Serve and Enjoy! (this would be yummy over cauli-rice too!)
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from Keto Cooking Wins
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.