Fabulous Skirt Steak Fajitas
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
You don’t have to go out to your local Mexican restaurant to satisfy the cravings for those yummy fajitas! Whip up this simple dish right in the comfort of your own home and enjoy them with or without delicious grain-free tortillas! (***Bonus: your house will smell delicious!)
Check Out the Recipe Below…
6 cloves garlic, minced
¼ c extra virgin olive oil
¼ c coconut aminos
1½ tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
¼ c cilantro, chopped
Juice and zest of 2 limes
Meat & Veggies:
1½ lb skirt steak
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 large onion, sliced into strips
2 jalapeños, stem and seeds removed, sliced into strips
2 avocados, sliced
1 beefsteak tomato, chopped
¼ c cilantro, chopped
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a gallon-sized (3¾ L) zip-top plastic bag.
- Place the skirt steak in the bag, press out the excess air, and seal.
- Lightly massage the bag to make sure the marinade coats every inch of the skirt steak, place it in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove the skirt steak from the bag and set aside the remaining liquid.
- Generously season both sides of the skirt steak with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the steak on the pan and sear for 5 minutes, flip to the other side for another 5 minutes at medium heat. Remove from the pan, cover with foil.
- While the skirt is resting, scrape off any excess burned brown bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan, add the sliced bell peppers, onion, and jalapeños.
- Add the marinade that was used for the meat and sauté vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Thinly slice the skirt steak across the grain and place it on a large serving plate, top with the cooked fajita vegetables, avocado slices, chopped tomato, and cilantro.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from Prevention.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.