Back to School Greek Chicken
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
This yummy Greek Chicken is perfect as the kids return back to school, and could even be used alongside their history lesson! Just add the festive togas and you’ll create a memory they’ll never forget! Plus, it’s perfect to help keep the whole family eating healthy!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 6 -8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 14 oz cauliflower rice
- 2 handfuls kale about 3 cups chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup kalmata olives halved
- 1 med red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- Preheat your oven to 425° F. Heat a large cast-iron (or other oven-proof) skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil or ghee.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs on both sides with sea salt, black pepper, and oregano. Sear the chicken in the skillet, skin side down, for 5 minutes, then flip and sear 5 minutes on the second side, or until you achieve a deep golden brown color. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven on the middle rack, and roast for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make sure all your veggies are chopped and ready to go. Once the chicken is done, return the chicken to the stovetop and remove it (leaving juices in the skillet) with tongs to a plate – set aside.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. You shouldn’t need more oil, but add another tablespoon if you do. Sauté the garlic 30 seconds, then add in the cauliflower rice, kale, broth, dill, and lemon zest, and juice, stir. Cook until the kale and cauliflower are softened, (about a minute) then add in the olives, peppers, and onion.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet along with any juices on the plate. Cook just until the peppers and onion soften – about a minute, then remove from heat.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from Paleo Running Momma
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.