Asian Beef and Broccoli
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
You’ll love this classic Asian-inspired “One Pot Wonder” dish that makes it easy to pass right by the oriental fast-food spot and create your own healthier version! Served over our go-to cauli-rice creates the perfect filling dish the family will be talking about from here on out! You could even have the kids look up a fun fact about Asia to share around the table!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 ½ pound thin-cut beef round steak, sliced into thin strips
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice the steak into thin strips, about ¼ inch thick.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oyster sauce, fish sauce, beef stock, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
- Add the steak to the bowl and mix until all pieces are coated. Set aside. Let the steak marinate for an hour, up to 24 hours.
- While the meat is marinating, clean and trim the broccoli and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat a wok or a large high-sided skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Once the pan is very hot, add the broccoli, coat in the oil, and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and add to the hot pan. Stir fry 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Continue stir-frying over high heat until the meat is cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened. This will happen naturally with high heat and continuous stirring.
- If you lose too much of your sauce in the process, add a little extra beef stock to the pan.
*If you need help figuring out why you’re struggling with the weight in the first place, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then check out…
The Secret Weight Loss Recipe… It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from Peace Love and Low-Carb
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.