Hearty Vegetable Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Nothing says welcome home like a pot of homemade soup with its flavors wafting through the air! Simple yet delicious vegetable soup just wraps around you like a warm cozy hug! Perfect for cold winter days and nights and even more delicious are the leftovers if you have any!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- Ground meat (turkey, beef or chicken optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic with one teaspoon of salt for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, diced tomatoes with the juices, and Italian seasoning. The broth should cover about half of the saucepan; add more if necessary.
- Add in ground meat if desired.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook on low heat for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the zucchini and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Serve hot.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.