Harvest Chicken Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
There’s just something comforting about a warm bowl of soup especially as the seasons change and we move into the fall months! This is one of those recipes you’ll want to bookmark for easy access as a go-to on those chilly autumn nights!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 acorn squash
- 1/3 cup friendly fat to cook in butter, or coconut oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 4 medium carrots chopped (optional for THM)
- 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 head of garlic minced (about 8ish cloves or so)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 quarts chicken bone broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded or chunked chicken
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound fresh organic baby spinach to preference
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
Put the acorn squashes in the oven WHOLE at 425 degrees for 1 hour.
Remove after cooking, cut in half and let cool.
Sautee the onion, carrot, celery in the butter with sea salt.
Cook on medium/high for about 10 minutes.
While veggies are cooking puree the roasted squash in your processor or blender with a little bone broth.
Add garlic cook for a minute.
Add flour cook for a minute.
Add squash puree, bone broth, chicken, and spices to pot.
Simmer about 5 minutes.
Add spinach to wilt in.
Season with sea salt/pepper to taste.
*adapted from Raising Generation Nourished
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.