Happy Harvest Casserole
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
This Happy Harvest Casserole is perfect for bringing together all the flavors of fall for any gathering you might have this time of year! Loaded with protein, veggies and just the right mix of savory herbs your taste buds will be exploding with all the fall goodness!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3 cups butternut squash cut into 1” cubes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts halved or quartered, depending on size
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil divided
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 links chicken sausage cut into coin shapes
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley minced
- 2 cups cauliflower rice fresh or frozen (buy this pre-riced)
- 1 apple (honey crisp), finely diced
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries juice-sweetened (omit for Keto & THM)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish if desired
Preheat oven to 425° F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place squash on one sheet and brussels sprouts on the other.
Drizzle both with one tablespoon each of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, stirring the Brussels sprouts halfway through.
Once done, reduce the heat to 400° F.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Cook onions until translucent, add the garlic, cook about 30 seconds.
Stir in chicken sausage and fresh herbs, and cook until sausage is browned on the outside.
Add in cauliflower rice, pecans, and cinnamon and cook, stirring, until the cauliflower rice begins to soften.
Stir in optional cranberries and season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove from heat.
Spray a 9 x 13” baking dish with cooking spray and combine the sausage rice mixture with the roasted squash and sprouts in the dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the top is toasty.
Serve garnished with fresh herbs if desired, as a meal or holiday side dish.
*adapted from Paleo Running Momma.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.