Flavorful Tumeric Chicken
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
This Flavorful Turmeric Chicken with yummy veggies will make you feel like you’ve flown over to India! An easy way to accomplish this without ever packing your rolling suitcase or boarding the plane is to pop this one-pot meal (that smells heavenly and tastes even better) in the oven for dinner tonight!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-pound whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 20 to 25 turns freshly ground black pepper or more to taste
- 1 large or 2 medium shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 medium fennel bulbs trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 Roma tomatoes approx 3/4 lb, quartered, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for serving
- Peel and roughly chop the shallot.
- Trim fennel bulbs of greens and end. Thinly sliced.
- Wash and cube potatoes into 1″ pieces.
- Quarter the tomatoes and gently scoop or squeeze out seeds.
- Measure oil, spices and grab fresh thyme.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil and then chicken pieces (top side down). Sprinkle with some of the kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Brown for 6 to 8 minutes or until skin releases and has some nice color.
- Remove the chicken pieces to another dish and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add shallots, fennel, and potatoes to dutch oven.
- Toss to coat in remaining oil and sprinkle remaining salt, pepper, turmeric, paprika, and cumin on. Toss again until well coated and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, add tomatoes and fresh thyme. Place chicken pieces on top of vegetables.
- Cover and roast for 90 minutes. Check at about 45 minutes and spoon sauce over chicken to keep moist.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley, serve.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.