Famous Chicken Marsala
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Mouthwatering tender chicken mothered in a creamy mushroom sauce, uhm…YES, please! Grab your go to pot and let’s stir up this one pot dish and pray there are left overs for tomorrow’s lunch!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 4 (1-pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to a 1-inch thickness
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Marsala wine, (use chicken broth for low carb/keto option)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ cup heavy cream, (add more for a creamier and thicker sauce)
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Lightly spray chicken breasts with cooking oil and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot to “Saute”.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and add the olive oil.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil; cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until chicken is browned.
- Remove chicken from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in the IP and stir in garlic; cook for 10 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chicken broth and wine; mix and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Transfer chicken back to the Instant Pot.
- Lock in the Lid.
- Turn vent to the sealed position; click on MANUAL and set on HIGH for 8 minutes.
- When time is up, do a quick release and when the valve drops, remove the lid.
- Take chicken out of the IP and set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Saute”.
- In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Whisk the corn starch mixture into the sauce inside the Instant Pot and continue to cook for a minute or two, or until sauce has thickened.
- Whisk in the heavy cream; continue to whisk until well incorporated so that the cream doesn’t start to curdle.
- Taste sauce for salt/pepper and adjust accordingly.
- Pour sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from Diethood.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.