Down South Chicken Drumsticks
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
These chicken drumsticks are such a quick and easy go-to when the weather’s getting warmer and we want to spend less time in the kitchen! The delicious sauce is yummy on the chicken as well as over the top of some cauliflower mashed potatoes! Grab some paper plates and enjoy this dish outdoors this week!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2–2.5-pounds chicken drumsticks (8 to 10 drumsticks)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Combine the spices together in a small dish. Sprinkle the seasoning over the drumsticks and rub it in so all sides of the drumsticks are evenly coated.
- Turn your instant pot onto “sauté” and add the butter to melt. Once melted, add in a few of the drumsticks skin side down and sear for 3 minutes. Flip them and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes and then remove from the instant pot. You will need to do this in 2 or 3 batches until they are all seared
- Once they’ve all been seared and removed, add the broth and deglaze the bottom of the instant pot by scraping off any of the browned bits. Add the trivet to the bottom of the pot.
- Place the drumsticks into the instant pot on top of the trivet. (Stacking or overlapping them is ok.)
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to “sealing”. Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Once done, immediately do a quick release and remove the lid.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish. You can make gravy very easily with the drippings by removing the trivet, setting the instant pot back onto sauté mode, and adding 1 tablespoon of almond flour or other grain-free option flour (mixed until dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water). Stir until the sauce is at a slow simmer and thickened. Add more salt if desired and pour over the chicken.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, over mashed potatoes, or with roasted vegetable sides
*adapted from Whole Kitchen Sink
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.