Delicious Dessert Apples
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Next time you’re at your local farmers market or your favorite grocery store, pick up a few extra apples for these delicious dessert apples the whole family will love! Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or even a mid-afternoon treat when you need a little something sweet!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
Trim Healthy Mama
Keto Menu Plans
- 4 green apples, cored
- 1/2 c. coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 c. almond or cashew butter
- 2 T. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 T. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 c. dried apricots, figs, or dates
- 1 c. water
- Core apples and set aside.
- Mix coconut butter and almond butters; add cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to butters.
- Place apples in instant pot or slow cooker and add water to bottom.
- Spoon coconut and almond butter mixture into each apple until full. Add dried fruit at this point, if desired.
- Sprinkle a bit more cinnamon on tops of apples and then add shredded coconut.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours, until apples are desired softness.
*adapted from Get Crocked.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.