Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
This recipe puts a healthy twist on an all-time classic and will quickly become one of your go-to meals the whole family will love! Perfect for any time comfort food is in need, and Momma wants something simple with less time in the kitchen!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
For the Casserole
- 1.5 pounds cooked chicken breasts, diced or shredded
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh, or frozen, vegetables (cooked)
For the Gravy
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1.5 tbsp arrowroot flour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
For the Topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- Grease a 3 or 4-quart casserole dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to the dish.
- Preheat a deep skillet over medium-high heat and add all of the sauce ingredients except for the arrowroot dissolved in water. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Mix the arrowroot into 1 tbsp of water in a small dish and dissolve.
- Once sauce has reduced after simmering (about 10 minutes) pour the arrowroot water into the sauce, stir to incorporate into sauce to thicken.
- After sauce has thickened, pour into casserole dish over chicken and vegetables. Use spoon to combine the sauce and other ingredients. (gently as to not smash the vegetables)
- Next, in a large bowl, add all of the topping ingredients. Use your hands to mix it all together. Continue mixing until the ghee is completely incorporated and the topping becomes a dough-like consistency.
- Using your hands, pick up quarter-size dollops of the topping and flatten a bit before placing each dollop over the top of the casserole. Slightly press each dollop into the top of the casserole. (don’t smash down)
- Repeat process until topping is gone and casserole is covered.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, checking after 30 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven once the topping is golden brown.
*adapted from Whole Kitchen Sink
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.