Chicken Enchilada Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Bundle up and stay warm with this yummy chicken enchilada soup which is so filling and hopefully will last a few meals…no promises though! The toppings are what make this dish really shine so get creative and make it colorful!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced (158 g/ 5.6 oz)
- 1 large jalapeño, minced (35 g/ 1.2 oz)
- 240 ml sugar-free tomato sauce (8 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth (720 ml/ 3/4 quart)
- 1 lb chicken breasts (450 g)
- Optional: diced avocado, sliced jalapeno pepper, sour cream, or minced cilantro
- Drizzle the olive oil into the Instant Pot and set to Sauté. Add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes until soft.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, vinegar, chipotle chili, and spices. Pour into the pot.
- Add in the broth and chicken and give it a stir. Put the lid on and reset to Manual high pressure for 20 minutes. At the end of 20 minutes, release the vent valve.
- Remove the chicken and shred, add it back to the pot and give it a stir.
- Top with favorite toppings.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from Keto Diet App
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.