Chicken and Rice
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Nothing beats this tried and true dish of Chicken and Rice, but the best parts are the delicious smells roaming throughout the house and the feeling of comfort when you sit down around the table to enjoy this homemade favorite. Add this one to the menu plan this week and see how everyone’s eyes light up in anticipation!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (or other favorite veggies)
- 5–6 ounces fully cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups fully cooked rice of choice
- 1 teaspoon Real Salt
- 2 teaspoons Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add oil when hot.
- Add chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms
- Saute for 5-6 minutes until tender and browned.
- Mix in the chicken and rice, salt, and curry powder.
- Saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is crisp and chicken is heated through.
- Deglaze the skillet with cooking wine or vinegar, mixing well and scraping up the toasted bits.
- Mix in herbs, taste the mix, and add more salt to taste.
- Serve and garnish with green onions.
*adapted from The Castaway Kitchen
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.