Chicken and Mushrooms
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Oh, how I love my Instant Pot let me count the ways! What’s not to love about an appliance that lets you have a whole meal done in minutes all in one pot! This chicken and mushroom recipe is sure to have your mouth watering over its creamy goodness!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
Trim Healthy Mama
Keto Menu Plans
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups sliced baby Bella or cremini mushrooms
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup coconut cream or cashew cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons pastured gelatin (optional)
- Heat your pressure cooker on sauce mode.
- Pour in the avocado oil, then add the onion, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Sauté for 8-10 minutes until tender and aromatic.
- Add in the mushrooms and rosemary.
- Sauté for another 5 minutes until browned and tender.
- Add in the chicken thighs and seasoning.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally until the chicken is mostly browned.
- Add in the vinegar and stir, scraping up any seasoning that stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in ¼ cup of cream. Cancel the sauté function, close the lid, and set to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- When it’s done, release the pressure manually. Open the lid and set to reduce or sauté until it comes to a simmer.
- Stir, shredding the chicken with tongs or forks. Reduce the liquid by half, then stir in the remaining cream and gelatin until smooth.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce to a serving bowl. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes before serving, the sauce will get extra creamy in this time.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
*adapted from The Cast Away Kitchen
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.