Bacon Butternut Squash Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Baby, it’s cold outside, and Mama’s cooked up the perfect pot of soup! Did we have you at bacon? LOL, enjoy this delicious twist with a little jalapeño kick that’ll bring the spice to your life on any cold winter’s night! Of course, you can set aside the japs to add in later after the littles have had their bowls filled!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 large butternut squash (about 6 cups cubed)
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk.
- 1 cup of chicken stock.
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped.
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and cubed.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped. (optional & remove the seeds if you desire less heat)
- 6 ounces of crisped bacon, chopped.
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- 2 tsp of Spanish smoked paprika.
- Cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours.
- Blend or puree when cooking is finished. That’s it.
- Let cool before transferring to blender or food processor.
- Garnish with desired options like: cinnamon, nutmeg, curry powder, pumpkin seeds, and of course bacon.
*adapted from Paleo Pot.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.