Chicken Zoodle Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
This week’s “One-Pot Wonder” is a classic Chicken Noodle Soup with a twist! It’s a keeper everyone will enjoy during the cold winter days, so there are warm hearts and warm bellies! Plus, it might last for eating on for several meals!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 cups Shredded chicken (cooked) (Cooking a whole chicken overnight in the slow cooker is a simple option!…debone and add veggies the next day along with additional broth if needed!)
- 1 cup Carrots (diced)
- 1 cup Celery (diced)
- 1 cup Onion (diced)
- 10 cups Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 medium Bay leaf (whole)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Noodle Options: zucchini noodles, kelp noodles, miracle noodles, or 1 medium Spaghetti squash
In a large pot on the stove (if the slow cooker option was not used) stir together all ingredients except the noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, for the noodles… If using a spaghetti squash: preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C). Poke holes in the spaghetti squash using a sharp knife. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-60 minutes, until you can easily pierce through the skin with only a little resistance when using a fork. (Don’t overcook to the point where there’s no resistance at all, or the noodles will be mushy.)
- When the spaghetti squash is done cooking and cool enough to handle, slice it in half and use a fork to scoop out the strands (pull with the fork in the same direction as the strands, cross-wise across the short side of the spaghetti squash).
- Right before serving, remove the bay leaf and stir in half of the spaghetti squash strands.
- If using zucchini or miracle noodles, gently saute with garlic and coconut oil in a saucepan, add seasoning to taste, and add noodles directly into bowls filled with soup.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from WholesomeYum.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.