“Old Fashioned Country Biscuits”
Nothing says home like the smell of “Old Fashioned Country Biscuits”…just in time for the upcoming holidays! These biscuits are a must have on your table that will make you feel a bit indulgent as you “treat” yourself instead of cheating yourself and your family!
Check Out the Recipe Below!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup sour cream or plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup goat cheese or feta
- Preheat oven to 425 fahrenheit
- Whisk all dry ingredients together
- Add sour cream or 0% fat Greek yogurt and cheese; combine.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins or dollop onto a pan
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Makes 9 biscuits
*Note: This recipe is very flexible. Goat cheese makes a lighter, sweeter treat while feta makes a savory, rich biscuit. Try adding cheddar cheese or spices such as rosemary and garlic. YUM!
This recipe would be an ‘S’ on the Trim Healthy Mama plan!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.