“Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Oooey Gooey nice warm muffins straight from the oven are just what this Trim & Healthy Mama ordered! That’s right you CAN have your
cake muffin and eat it too! If your looking to incorporate more ‘E’ meals into your life, then run don’t walk to your kitchen and whip up these little babies for that morning or afternoon snack! Heck…you could even devour them for breakfast!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 & 1/2 cups of oat flour
- 4 tsp of Baking Powder
- Pinch of THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- 3/4 Cup of Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips (Canadians get it here)
- 5TB & 1 tsp of Gwen’s Sugar Free Brown Sugar
- 1 & 1/4 cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Egg
- Combine 1 & 1/4 cup of oat flour with Almond milk and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir egg, apple sauce, brown sugar, and chocolate chips into the oat and milk mixture.
- Combine the rest of the oat flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Add oat mixture to flour mixture – stirring until moist.
- Fill greased muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Makes 12 muffins (one muffin is a serving).
NOTE*-If you’re following the THM plan these are categorized as an ‘E’ snack!) Between the chocolate chips and the 1 egg it comes to just under 5g of fat per muffin!
*Created by Meggan Larson from over at Desire 2 Inspire!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.