New Year’s Party Pecan Bars
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Who’s ready for some Party pecan bars?? You can bring these to your New Year’s party to win over the crowd and ring in the New Year in style!
Check out the recipe below…
- 1 & 1/4 cup of Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup of Butter (cold and in cut into small chunks)
- 1 Cup + 2TB of THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/4 tsp. Of THM Mineral Salt
- 1/2 cup of Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 cups of Pecans (whole or pieces)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grab an 8×8 square baking pan and put enough parchment paper in it to be able to pull the mixture out after baking.
- Using a food processor throw in the almond flour, 1/4 cup of gentle sweet (note it’s not all of the sweetener), and 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Pulse quickly to mix together and then add in the 1/4 cup of cooled butter chunks and pulse quickly until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Put this mixture into the 8×8 pan and press down gently.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (until the edges are slightly browned).
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the topping.
- In a large frying pan melt 1/2 cup of butter with 3/4 cup of gentle sweet. Bring to a boil but don’t stir until the mixture turns to an amber colour (typically about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add in the 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- If for some reason it appears to be separating stir in about 2TB of gentle sweet and it should stop separating.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the baked crust evenly and then pour the toffee mixture over the pecans.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes until it starts bubbling thickly.
- Let it fully cool and then cut into squares.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Recipe adapted from All Day I Dream About Food.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.