“Mini Turkey Pot Pie’s”
~Trim Healthy Mama Style~
The day after Thanksgiving when the leftovers are piled high in the fridge…is the day we all need something simple to please the lingering crowd. If there could use one word to describe this recipe, it would be “simple”, and that’s perfect after slaving away preparing all the dishes on Thanksgiving Day.
(*Note: You may use any leftover veggies and spices you have on hand. This recipe is only suggestive).
- Desired amount of leftover turkey or chicken cut into small cubes
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2-1 tsp guar gum
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- a shake of garlic
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup oat fiber
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (or almond milk)
- Place the cubes of turkey, olive oil, thyme, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
- Add the diced carrots, celery and onion.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and spice mix and 2 more cups of water.
- Once it comes to a simmer, mix the guar gum with 2 tablespoons of water and pour it into the sauce pan.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft.
- While mixture is simmering, make your pie dough.
- Place each flattened pie dough ball into greased muffin tins.(Or press all dough into pie pan) and bake for 8 minutes.
- Once done, ladle 1/3 cup of turkey/veggie filling into the center of each tin.(Or into pie pan).
- Seal and wrap the dough over the filling.
- Repeat until there is no more dough remaining.
- Bake on 350 for 15 minutes or until pie dough is golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*Created Exclusively for The Laundry Moms by Annalise Bonin
*NOTE: This recipe would be considered an ‘S’ on the Trim Healthy Mama plan!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.