“Melt in Your Mouth Pot Roast”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Sometimes it’s comfort food to the rescue!…Did you grow up with a traditional Sunday Pot Roast waiting for you when you walked in the door from church?
Well this weeks feature recipe is Trim Healthy Mama friendly and comforting all at the same time! Check out our favorite Sunday Pot Roast which is sure to be a crowd pleaser for the whole family any day of the week!
Check Out the Recipe Below!
We added our own flair to the Pot Roast recipe from the Trim Healthy Mama’s fabulous book!…If you don’t have it yet…Get your copy down below!
- 1 Medium Sized Roast
- Potatoes optional (a no-no if your doing an ‘S’ meal on the THM plan)
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Place your roast in a large dish and coat it with the almond flour, salt, and pepper mixture
- Heat Coconut oil in a large skillet
- Sear the roast on all sides in the hot oil
- Place the roast into the crock pot on low for approx. 6 hours
- Add hot water (carefully) to the remaining almond flour left in the skillet, as well as additional almond flour & water to create a yummy gravy (stir till thickens)
- Add the carrots to the crock pot (I usually just buy the organic mini carrots in the bag…and dump the whole bag in!)
- Pour the gravy mixture over the top of the roast and carrots, add more water if needed to fill it about half way up on the roast
- Season with garlic powder, & you can even throw in a bay leaf for good measure if you have one in the cabinet 🙂
When you walk in the door after a busy day out and about the amazing smells will instantly make your mouth water and you will be shouting hallelujah because girl friend…dinner is DONE!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.