Lasagna Stuffed Meatloaf
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Lasagna stuffed meatloaf, have you ever heard of anything so fantastic?? This dish takes a little more preparation but it is soooo worth it! It is an absolutely fantastic and tasty dish that will make your mouth water as it bakes in the oven. Invite some friends over and enjoy a lovely evening. You deserve it!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoons THM Mineral salt
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup THM Baking Blend
- 1/4 cup onion
- minced 1 clove garlic
- crushed 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup of sugar free pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1 Tablespoon parsley, and ¼ teaspoon of THM salt. Set the bowl aside.
- In another bowl mix together the ground beef, THM Baking Blend, 2 Tablespoons parsley, 1/4 cup of onion, 1 clove of minced garlic, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon THM salt, Italian seasoning, and 2 lightly beaten eggs.
- Mix gently with your hands until blended.
- On a piece of wax paper, press the meat mixture into a 10×12-inch rectangle.
- Put aside 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese evenly over the ground beef trying to keep it about two inches from one of the short edges and an inch from the three remaining edges.
- Spread the ricotta cheese mixture evenly over mozzarella.
- Starting from the short egde with the cheese closest to it, roll up like a jelly roll towards the end with the cheese two inches from the edge. Lift the wax paper as you roll and seal the end completely. Place seam-side down into a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Press together any cracks and place pan in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, pour the sauce over the meatloaf, and sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Return meatloaf to oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until no pink remains. Turn the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Adapted from CupcakesandKalechips.com
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.