Kick’n Kale Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Soup season is upon us, and we have a new treat that will not disappoint the taste buds! Bursting with all the flavors from the garden and a bit of a kick with spicy Italian sausage, this soup makes you sing out an Italian opera from the kitchen! If you have ever wondered what to do with that healthy bundle of kale, then check out this delicious soup that’s hearty enough to please the whole family, but still keeps you on your health journey without skipping a beat!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage (Diestel Spicy Italian Turkey Sausage is our favorite)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch of carrots
- 1 pkg sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt (possibly add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (possibly add more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- splash of white cooking wine (optional)
- 2 large bunches of kale, stemmed and chopped, about 4 overflowing handfuls
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 cups chicken broth or stock, homemade or 2 boxes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat Coconut oil in a large heavy-duty pot over medium-high heat
- Add the sausage & brown
- Lower the heat to medium, sauté the onions and garlic
- Add in the chopped carrots and mushrooms
- Stir, scraping the bottom of the pot, and cook all vegetables until soft and translucent about 5 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic & continue to sauté until the onions have caramelized
- Add the chopped kale in batches, allowing it to wilt down as it cooks
- Add the nutmeg
- Cook the kale for another 3 minutes until it has turned bright green and completely wilted
- Throw in the cooked sausage
- Pour in the chicken stock or broth & splash of white cooking wine and bring it up to a boil
- Lower the heat and allow the soup to simmer
- Taste the soup for seasoning, you may add more salt, pepper, or red pepper flakes if desired.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve While Pipping Hot!
*Serves 6-8 so we usually double the recipe to have leftovers for the next day!
*Especially created & photographed for The Laundry Moms by Bailey Anne Rose
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.