Keto Creme Brule
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
Looking for a healthier alternative to the sugar-filled version of the classic favorite, Creme Brule? Well, say hello to this keto version which is epic and doesn’t disappoint! It takes a little time but it is SO worth the effort!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of swerve sweetener (or erythritol mix)
- 4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons of granular sweetener
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Boil 1-2 quarts of water to use later for a water bath.
- Pour the heavy cream into a saucepan and heat to medium-high stirring often.
- Heat it until tiny bubbles start to form around the edges but don’t let it get to full boil.
- In a bowl add the egg yolks and single egg in a large bowl and whisk together with the 1/2 cup of sweetener.
- As soon as the cream is ready slowly pour it into the egg and sweetener mixture stirring the entire time.
- Add in the vanilla extract and stir well then pour the mixture into 4 ramekins and put them into an oven-safe dish.
- Pour the boiling water into the dish about halfway up the sides of the ramekins to create a water bath.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the custard wiggles a bit when you shake it.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and let sit for 15-20 minutes and then put them in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve them sprinkle about 2 – 3 tsp. of the granular sweetener over the top of each ramekin.
- Broil them for 1-2 minutes watching very carefully that they don’t burn (or you can use a kitchen torch if you’re fancy).
- Let sit for a couple of minutes for the crystals to harden.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto Friendly.
Original recipe found at Keto Cooking Christian.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.