Jesus’ Birthday Cake
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Christmas is almost here and one of our favorite traditions is making Jesus a Happy Birthday Cake! This year we decided to adapt the Trim Healthy Mama Special Occasion cake as our Birthday Cake for Jesus to stay on track with our health goals!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- coconut flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- golden flax meal
- baking powder
- baking soda
- THM sweet blend or your favorite calorie-free sweetener
- coconut oil
- coconut milk
- Place 1 cup coconut flour into mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup ground golden flax, ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 2 tsp. baking soda.
- Add 2-3 Tbs Sweet blend and 1/-1/3 tsp Pure Stevia Extract powder. This is a large layered cake so you need quite a bit of sweetness.
- Rub all ingredients between palms of your hands to remove lumps and combine well into a nice fine meal.
- Crack 10 eggs into blender.
- Add ½ cup coconut oil.
- Add 1 ½ cans full-fat coconut milk.
- Add generous dash of vanilla.
- Blend well and pour contents of blender into dry ingredients.
- Combine ingredients well and let sit for 5 minutes while greasing two cake or bread tins.
- Divide mixture evenly between two cake tins and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool cakes before trying to remove them from tins.
Icing for Cake – (superfood option)
- coconut milk
- cocoa powder
- coconut oil
- Pour 1 can full-fat coconut milk into blender.
- Add 2 omega-3 eggs.
- Add 1Tbs. pure vanilla.
- Add ½ cup cocoa powder.
- Add enough sweetener to taste. You can also use a combination of the two sweeteners.
- Add ¾ cup virgin coconut oil (use Louanna cooking coconut oil if budget is an issue, but since we’re going “all out” in this recipe, virgin is best).
- Blend well and transfer to refrigerator for mix to chill and thicken as hard as butter.
This icing is best pre-made and chilled in the fridge. It should harden up like butter, so remove from the fridge half an hour before icing your cake. Once icing is of a spreadable consistency, spread a half-inch layer on one of the cakes, then place the other cake on top. The icing will be like mortar between bricks. In my opinion, a nice layer of stevia-sweetened whipped cream on the top of this cake sets it off to rival any cake found at any fine dining restaurant. If you don’t want to spend the time or extra money on the above icing recipe, try the recipe below. Use it in the same fashion as the filling between the layered cake. This cake is delicious with homemade stevia-sweetened ice cream, or our Polar Bear Soft Serve ice cream. If you are not of the “purist” camp and don’t mind a little Splenda every now and then, you can have this cake with Breyer’s Carb Smart Ice Cream.
Icing for Cake – (quick version)
- unsalted butter
- unsweetened baker’s chocolate or cocoa powder
- hot water
- Put 1 ½ quarters softened unsalted butter into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1oz. melted unsweetened chocolate square. Use 2 unsweetened chocolate squares if you like a darker chocolate taste, or the squares may be substituted with ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1/4 tsp THM Pure Stevia and add to mixing bowl, or use 6 tsp THM Sweet Blend.
- Beat mixture with electric beater for a few minutes.
- Add a little hot water to thin consistency to more spreadable icing.
- Taste for sweetness and add more ground THM sweetener if desired.
Raspberry Lemon Glaze
- lemon juice
- Put one package of fresh or frozen raspberries in blender
- Add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp pure THM stevia or 6 tsp THM Sweet Blend
Add Candles and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus as a reminder of the Reason for the Season!
*If you need help figuring out why you’re struggling with grabbing comfort food and emotionally eating, and not seeing lasting results then check out…
The Secret Weight Loss Recipe… It’s the change you’ve been searching for to stop yo-yo dieting forever and see lasting results!
*Recipe adapted from Trim Healthy Mama with permission.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.