As one year passes into another – I find it helpful to stop and remember with 10 simple questions.
When I stop to remember – I can more easily release the pain, see the good and breathe into the new year with a full and grateful heart.
- Every year is a new adventure and at the closing:
- Some years – we find ourselves relieved to see the year over and we long for a fresh start.
- Other years – we savor the closing of a full and rich season – and our hearts rejoice in the opportunities.
- And there are those years – that are pulled from our clutches and we feel shoved into a new place – only to land on solid ground and know the Lord’s grace, fresh and anew.
Regardless of what has transpired in a calendar year when I stop to reflect it…
… prepares me to go forward, gives resolution to the past, and resolve for the future.
2014 – 10 simple questions in review
- What prayers of my heart have I seen the Lord answer and how?
- What dreams did I see fulfilled?
- What or who has inspired me the most?
- What am I grateful for?
- What personal sorrows or disappointments took place and how have I been changed by them?
- What personal breakthroughs have I experienced?
- What books have I read this year?
- What scriptural truths have I grasped?
- How have I spent my free time?
- What scriptures for 2015 have the Lord brought to mind?
| “Great is Thy faithfulness!”|
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
“Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
Debi is convinced that our homes are the battlefields for society. As a college student, she asked the Lord to send her to the front lines of ministry. Armed with a newfound devotion to Christ and Child Development background, she married her college sweetheart and they began to dream of what a family could become. Thirty plus years later, Tim and Debi have eleven children, six grandchildren, and lives filled with frontline battle-scars and victories beyond measure.
Presently, they have a house full of teenagers in DFW and four sons in college. Debi’s desire is to leave footprints for those who follow, and to impart grace to mothers of all ages. Debi can be found at Fresh Grace for Mothers , @mother211, Instagram and Pinterest , but her favorite place on earth is home.