“Hearty Beef Stew”
~Trim Healthy Mama Style~
When the winter winds are blowing outside nothing smells like home as much as a hearty bowl of beef stew! Enjoy the delicious smells drifting through the house tonight for dinner, with this simple crock pot recipe that will become a family favorite!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1.5 – 2 lbs of grass fed stew meat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4-6 carrots diced (optional)
- 4-6 stalks of celery diced
- 6 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 drop of Young Living Rosemary Vitality Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Young Living Thyme Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- THM Mineral Salt to taste (Canadians get it here)
- 1 Toothpick drop of Young Living Black Pepper Vitality Essential Oil
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Coat the beef in a bowl with a mixture of almond flour and salt.
- Slightly brown the coated beef in a skillet on the stove top.
- Place the beef in the slow cooker.
- Mix tomato paste with the beef broth and drops of young living oil in the stove top skillet used to brown the beef.
- Pour the liquid over beef along with the wine.
- Add (optional) carrots, onion and mushrooms along with garlic and remaining seasonings.
- Stir the ingredients, cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or on high 2-3 hours. It’s ready when the meat and veggies are tender. Remove bay leaves & garnish with fresh parsley if desired before serving.
A nice addition to this recipe are the Country Biscuits!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.