Hannah’s Sexy Vitamins post made me realize that I have some information many of you would appreciate, but might NEVER ask. So let me spare you the embarrassment, while I put on sunglasses, hat and an overcoat to give you this bit of information.
When I was a young bride processing all the new aspects of life, a “bedroom problem” arose that I timidly took to a good friend and mentor. When I presented the intimacy issue, she explained to me that during certain seasons of life and even times of the month a healthy lubricant is needed to keep marital intimacy moving smoothly. (Well, that came out too literal… Is there another way to say that?)
After years of experimenting with different brands, aromas and flavors, my genius husband concocted the best healthy lubricant and massage oil in the world. (In my humble and grateful opinion.)
First let me explain WHY what you use with your husband matters…
Our skin is the largest organ the body has.
Whatever we rub on our skin is absorbed into our systems and will either make us healthier or toxic.
Many of the lubricants on the market are filled with YUCK, sticky, artificial ingredients and dyes that do NOT build health. There’s NO WAY we should be rubbing these on our bodies ESPECIALLY in a manner that makes some of them go internal.
Low libido has become a huge problem in both men and women today and toxic love potions CANNOT BE helping this problem. We need to protect ourselves from toxins that have the potential to alter hormones including these kinds. Toxins absorbed by the body can make a person tired and sick and I don’t know about you, but I’m NO fun when I’m tired and sick.
So go clean out your secret love drawer, because I’m about to give you a few recipes to beat all recipes.
When my husband read the benefits of coconut oil, he began to experiment with different combinations of essential oils and coconut oil.
He mixed coconut oil with peppermint for a cool, invigorating, ‘wake up the senses’ lubricant.
Then he mixed coconut oil with lavender oil for a warm soothing, de-stressing lubricant.
He mixed coconut oil with a few hotter essential oils that CURED us venturing away from peppermint or lavender. (Word of warning…Oregano is NOT friendly oil, unless you enjoy the feeling of FIRE!)
The bottom line is coconut oil mixed with your favorite essential oil will become your most preferred nightstand secret.
Heck, I haven’t tried it (yet) but coconut oil mixed with homemade skinny chocolate syrup might be a fun one. Maybe I’ll mix that one up for his birthday.
As far as the packaging and storage goes, I bet you can find some pretty bottling ideas on Pinterst. We simply keep our different combinations ready to go in 8 oz plastic containers. The container needs to have a wide opening since coconut oil is solid at room temperature and cannot be poured.
Now read some of the benefits of coconut oil, so you’ll be further conviced that you want to do this for your husband.
1) Coconut oil moistens the skin leaving a clean feel, rather than an oily, sticky feel. You’ll forget that you’re doing something healthy for your system.
2) Studies show that coconut oil helps increase thyroid health, because of its unique combination of nourishing properties. A healthy thyroid means plenty of energy to stay up a little later.
3) Coconut oil can help boost the metabolism, so if you lick a little off your husband, don’t worry about the calories and fat, you’re doing your body good.
4) Coconut oil can increase bone strength by allowing better absorption of calcium, vitamin D and other minerals…more health.
5) This is one of my favorites: It’s antifungal properties have been shown to help reduce candida and yeast in the body and fight yeast infections.
6) It has antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial properties.
Now doesn’t that sound like a win win combination? Love your husband and protect your health with the above healthy love potions.
I won’t be taking my hat, glasses or coat off for a while.