Healthy Hot Cross Buns
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Family traditions are such a wonderful way to create memories around the table, and Resurrection Sunday is the most wonderful time of year when we celebrate Jesus conquering the grave and being raised from the dead! Maybe you didn’t grow up eating hot cross buns but it’s never too late to start a new tradition in your home, and teach the littles in your life about the new life and victory we have in Him!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup or honey (or use your sweetener of choice)
- 6 eggs
- 250 grams grass-fed butter melted (or ghee or coconut oil)
- 2 apples peeled and grated (granny smiths work great)
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened raisins.
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbs. coconut flour
- 1 tbs. tapioca flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin tins with large muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, coconut flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, butter, and eggs and mix well.
- Now add the apple and raisins. Mix again until it forms a dough.
- Once the mixture is all combined, roll into 12 even balls.
- Place them into the muffin cases and press down a little.
- Place the flours in a small bowl.
- Gradually add drops of water while stirring, until thick white paste forms. Use a fork to make sure there are no lumps.
- Put the paste into a piping bag, and pipe a cross onto the top of each bun.
- Now place the buns into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve without the muffin cases (so they look more bun-like), warmed, and with more butter. Yum.
If you’d like to have healthy meals all planned out for you grab our FREE menu plans!
*Adapted from the Merry Maker Sisters
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.