Healthy Carrot Muffins
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Healthy treats are fun to make for our families, and even sweeter when they nourish our bodies and soul! These carrot muffins are delicious and will help you feel like the best mom ever knowing you’re giving your family the best option!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp orange peel
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp stevia (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin pan (or grease the cups).
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, pecans, flaxseeds, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Stir in the carrots and orange peel.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, stevia (or sweetener of choice), almond milk, melted coconut oil and applesauce.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs whites and cream of tartar until still peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until fully combined.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and combine well.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes on 350.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on the rack.
Check Out the Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Here!
If you’d like to have healthy meals all planned out for you grab our FREE menu plans!
*Note-This recipe is an “S Helper” on the Trim Healthy Mama due to the applesauce.
*Created Exclusively for The Laundry Moms by Annalise Bonin
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.