Healthier Onion Rings
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
When you’re hankering for a little southern deep-fried deliciousness but don’t want to go hog wild off the deep end with your health journey, then check out this healthier version of onion rings! It’s sure to satisfy that craving for a little greasy goodness!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion sliced into rings
- 1 cup Paleo baking flour or THM baking blend
- 1 tsp mineral salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Refined Coconut Oil
- Xylitol Sweetened Ketchup (if desired)
- Beat together wet ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Heat 2 cups of coconut oil in a pot over medium-low heat.
- Dip onion rings into baking blend mixture, then egg mixture, and back in baking blend.
- Place in hot oil, cook until golden, then turn until golden on other side.
- Gently lift out of pan.
- Drain on paper towel.
If you’d like to have healthy meals all planned out for you grab our FREE menu plans!
*Shared with permission from Anne Short.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.