Happy Birthday Jesus Cake!
~Trim Healthy Mama Style~
Christmas is tomorrow and and one of our favorite traditions is making Jesus a Happy Birthday Cake! This year we decided to adapt the Trim Healthy Mama Special Occasion cake into our Birthday Cake for Jesus!
Check out the Recipe Below…
This makes a large layered, moist cake that works well for birthdays or other festive occasions. It’s a bit more pricey using store-bought coconut flour and other superfood ingredients so we save it for special occasions. It’s a Serene inspired recipe, so a very nourishing treat for your body, full of the best fats the earth has to offer.
- store-bought coconut flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- golden flax meal
- baking powder
- baking soda
- THM sweetener
- coconut oil
- coconut milk
- Place 1 cup store-bought coconut flour into mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup ground golden flax, ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 2 tsp. baking soda.
- Add 2-3 Tbs Sweet blend and1/-1/3 tsp THM Pure Stevia Extract powder. This is a large layered cake so you need quite a bit of sweetness.
- Rub all ingredients between palms of your hands to remove lumps and combine well into a nice fine meal.
- Crack 10 eggs into blender.
- Add ½ cup coconut oil.
- Add 1 ½ cans full-fat coconut milk.
- Add generous dash of vanilla.
- Blend well and pour contents of blender into dry ingredients.
- Combine ingredients well and let sit for 5 minutes while greasing two cake or bread tins.
- Divide mixture evenly between two cake tins and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool cakes before trying to remove them from tins.
Icing for Cake – (Serene’s superfood option)
- coconut milk
- cocoa powder
- coconut oil
- Pour 1 can full-fat coconut milk into blender.
- Add 2 omega-3 eggs.
- Add 1Tbs. pure vanilla.
- Add ½ cup cocoa powder.
- Add enough sweetener to taste. You can also use a combination of the two sweeteners.
- Add ¾ cup virgin coconut oil (use Louanna cooking coconut oil if budget is an issue, but since we’re going “all out” in this recipe, virgin is best).
- Blend well and transfer to refrigerator for mix to chill and thicken as hard as butter.
Serene chats: This icing is best pre-made and chilled in the fridge. It should harden up like butter, so remove from fridge half an hour before icing your cake. Once icing is of spreadable consistency, spread a half inch layer on one of the cakes, then place the other cake on top. The icing will be like mortar between bricks. In my opinion, a nice layer of stevia-sweetened whipped cream on the top of this cake sets it off to rival any cake found at any fine dining restaurant. If you don’t want to spend the time or extra money on the above icing recipe, try the recipe below. Use it in the same fashion as the filling between the layered cake. This cake is delicious with homemade stevia-sweetened ice cream, or our Polar Bear Soft Serve ice cream. If you are not of the “purist” camp and don’t mind a little Splenda every now and then, you can have this cake with Breyer’s Carb Smart Ice Cream.
Icing for Cake – (Pearl’s quick version)
- unsalted butter
- unsweetened baker’s chocolate or cocoa powder
- hot water
- Put 1 ½ quarters softened unsalted butter into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1oz. melted unsweetened chocolate square. Use 2 unsweetened chocolate squares if you like a darker chocolate taste, or the squares may be substituted with ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1/4 tsp THM Pure Stevia and add to mixing bowl, or use 6 tsp THM Sweet Blend.
- Beat mixture with electric beater for a few minutes.
- Add a little hot water to thin consistency to more spreadable icing.
- Taste for sweetness and add more ground THM sweetener if desired.
Raspberry Lemon Glaze
- lemon juice
- Put one package of fresh or frozen raspberries in blender
- Add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp pure THM stevia or 6 tsp THM Sweet Blend
Add Candles & Sing Happy Birthday to Jesus as a reminder of the Reason for the Season!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.