Got Leftover Turkey?
This Thanksgiving as everyone has their fill, and then some, of all the table has to offer…
Don’t forget to save a bit of that Turkey for this Delish Turkey Soup to make an easy meal for the troops after Thanksgiving!
Delish Turkey Soup
- 1 leftover turkey carcass (from a 10- to 12-pound turkey)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Place the turkey carcass in a stockpot; add the water, onion, salt and bay leaves. Slowly bring to a boil over low heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove carcass; cool. Strain broth and skim off fat. Discard onion and bay leaves. Return broth to the pan. Add the carrots, rice, celery and chopped onion; cover and simmer until rice and vegetables are tender.
- Remove turkey from bones; discard bones and cut turkey into bite-size pieces. Add turkey to stockpot.
- Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2 quarts).
- Prep: 30 min. Cook: 2 hours 35 min.
From our table to yours!♥
***NOTE: If your following the Trim Healthy Mama plan this recipe would be in ‘E’ category!