Are you ready to take your Trim Healthy Mama plan to the next level? Have you been sticking to ‘S’ meals because they are easy,and you don’t have to think about the time between ‘S’ and ‘E’ meals? That means you might be consuming a lot of foods like meat, dairy, and nuts on a regular basis without adding in enough leafy greens with salads. Enter the shinning star of the show…the Glowing Green Smoothie! This little gem will have you dancing a happy dance because it does just that…it makes you feel very HAPPY!
Check Out the Recipe & the Health Benefits that will make your Skin Glow Below!
THM Friendly Glowing Green Smoothie~’E’ Ingredients:
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1 cup of coconut water (if you don’t have you can use 1 more cup of filtered water)
- 1 peeled and seeded lemon
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, or kale, or chard (just grab what you have on hand)
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- pinch of parsley
- pinch of cilantro
- 1 banana
- Favorite Frozen Berries
- extra Ice
- Donk of your favorite THM sweetener to taste
Directions: *place ingredients in the blender in the following order:
- Add your liquid into the blender
- Hand Tear or Rough Cut the Larger Greens
- Add in Celery
- Add in Cucumber
- Add in Spinach
- Add in Parsley & cilantro
Blend until greens are a beautiful glowing green liquid…
- Add in Lemon
- Add in Banana (this will bind the fibers together & help the greens not to separate)
- Add in your favorite Frozen Berries (we just use strawberries, blueberries or whatever we have on hand!)
- Add Sweetener
- Add extra Ice to make it nice and cold
- Pour into a Mason Jar (it should make around 2-3 quarts to have one now and save one for the next day…it will last up to 48 hours in the fridge or you can share them with the whole family!)
***Having a heavy duty blender like the Vita-Mix is really important to help blend all the ingredients throughly otherwise it might taste like salad in a glass and you will be chewing instead of sipping through a straw!
Our Favorite Top Ten reasons to Add Green Smoothies to Your Diet:
- Homemade green smoothies are cheap
- Increased Energy
- Easy Digestibility & Nutrient Assimilation
- Weight Loss
- Great for on the Go
- Helps You Crave less Junk Food
- Lessens Wrinkles
- Improves your immunity
- They make you sexy
- They make Your Skin GLOW!
Here’s to Health, Happiness and Glowing Skin!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.