Glazed Steak Roll Ups
~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
Now this is a recipe you can sink your teeth into! Steak and veggies isn’t a new concept but this delightful new arrangement is! Super healthy and slimming for you and tasty to boot, this recipe is a real winner and crowd pleaser at any dinner.
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 8 (thin) slices of flank steak
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 4-5 Mushrooms
- 16 thin pieces of Asparagus (full length)
- 1 drop of Young Living Rosemary Vitality Essential Oil
- 4-5 TB of Refined Coconut Oil
- Heavy Sprinkle of THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- Heavy Sprinkle of Black Pepper
- 1 Large Garlic Clove
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB dry red wine
- 2 tsp. Gwen’s Brown Sugar
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 cup of fat free beef broth
- Melt the refined coconut, add the rosemary oil and using a brush rub each side of the flank steaks with a drizzle of the oil.
- Rub each side of the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice all of the veggies (except for the asparagus).
- Heat up a TB or two of the refined coconut oil in a skillet on the stove and add all of the veggies.
- Fry up the veggies until tender but still a little crispy and remove from heat.
- Place a few of each veggie onto each piece of steak vertically (so they’re sticking out when rolled up).
- Roll up each piece of steak and close with a toothpick.
- In a small skillet heat up some more coconut oil and add in the diced garlic. Fry for a minute and then add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, wine, and rosemary figs and bring to a quick boil.
- Lower the heat and let sit for a few minutes.
- Add the broth and bring back to a boil. Once it’s boiling turn the heat down again and let sit for about 10-15 minutes and set aside (throw out the sprigs).
- Grill steaks for a minute or two on each side (either using a grill, skillet, etc) and once done serve right away placing a spoon full of glaze on each steak.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Recipe adapted from Camping/Trailer Tips & Ideas.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.