Gingerbread Christmas Cookies
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Nothing says December like gingerbread cookies am I right? With all the sugar laden recipes floating around the internet and at every get together you’ll be at this month, take heart that there is a sugar free recipe just for you to still be able to enjoy the holidays. Whip these up, decorate them with your family, and enjoy losing weight this month instead of gaining the December dozen (yes I just made that up.)
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 4 cups of Almond Flour
- 1 Cup of Sugar Free Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 TB Ground Ginger
- 1 Drop of Young Living Ginger Essential Oil
- 1 TB Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Drop of Young Living Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- 2 tsp. Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum (Can sub Gluccomannan)
- 1/2 tsp. THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil (use refined if you don’t like coconut flavour)
- Turn oven on to 275 degrees. Line two pans with parchment paper (you will need two additional pieces of parchment paper).
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and essential oils until the dough starts to form.
- Take half the dough, place it on one of the pieces of parchment paper, and flatten enough to roll. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll it out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Grab your favourite gingerbread shaped cookie cutter and push it into the dough, gently lift it off (use a spatula if necessary) and put them onto the baking sheets.
- Squish leftover dough together and keep cutting out shapes until there is no more dough.
- Bake at 275 for 20 minutes or until golden brown and just barely firm to the touch.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then move them over to a wire rack to finish cooling. Do the same with the second half of the dough.
- Decorate them using Lily’s Sugar Free chocolate chips or just eat them as they are!
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Adapted from All Day I Dream About Food.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.