“Ginger Orange Chicken”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
This weeks recipe has us taking the slow boat to China while we savor all the delicious flavors of this amazing oriental chicken dish! Your taste buds will flip out when you taste the orange and ginger combination in this scrumptious “Ginger Orange Chicken”. Being a Trim & Healthy Mama never tasted so good!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 Clementine oranges with skin quartered
- 1/4-1/2″ chunk of ginger sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 TB light soy sauce or Bragg’s Amino’s
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless skinless and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2-3 peppers chopped into bite size pieces I used yellow and green
- 2-3 small onions chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp. oil
- Assorted vegetables of your choice
- Pan fry the chicken with the oil in a large frying pan.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce (skin and all) in a Vitamix and blend till smooth & add water to thin it out.
- Add onions and peppers to the chicken in the fry pan.
- Add assorted vegetables into the pan.
- Add the sauce from the blender.
- Rinse out the blender with a bit of water and pour that as well into the front step stir to coat and so things cook evenly.
- Cook on medium heat with a lid on stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook up brown rice and serve on top of brown rice (up to 3/4 cup cooked in a THM ‘E’ setting).
*Created & used with permission by Jenn Hall
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.