Ginger-Lime Salmon Fillets
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Simple yet bursting with flavor with a lime twist takes this dish out of this world! Let’s face it sometimes salmon might be a bit boring with just another side vegetable but these fillets will not disappoint even the pickiest of eaters!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon, fresh or frozen
- 1 bunch green onions whites and greens separated, then diced
- 1/4 cup sesame oil OR olive oil
- 2 to 3-inch nub fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves fresh garlic crushed
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice, fresh, or lemon juice is fine
- 1 teaspoon lime zest from an organic lime
- 1 teaspoon raw honey OR low carb liquid sweetener for Keto and Low Carb
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 to 5 zucchini (depending on how many veggies you want or how many people you’re serving; allow 1 zucchini per person), sliced at an angle (and peeled first for low-lectin)
- 1 bunch green onions’ greens leftover from above ingredients (or use an extra bunch for Keto and Low Carb)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a casserole dish that fits the size of your salmon fillet(s) and how many veggies you’re cooking. See Veggies steps below.
- In the blender combine whites of onions (*or greens of green onions for low carb), oil, ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, lime juice, zest, sweetener, and sea salt. Pulse to combine, until whites are cut into small pieces, but not fully pureed.
- Place cold salmon fillet(s) directly on Veggies (see Veggies Step below). Pour marinade over salmon and allow to sit out (or in fridge) for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, without overcooking. If white proteins begin to emerge to the surface you may have cooked it too long. (Some proteins on the sides are fine.) The center should still be bright pink and be tender when pushed down with an index finger, not too firm.* (*see recipe notes)
- Garnish with lime slices, green onion greens, and optional sesame seeds (not for AIP).
- Place sliced zucchini and green onions’ greens in casserole dish. Toss with 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil.
- Place salmon fillet directly on top of veggies (Step 3 above) before proceeding with marinating salmon or baking.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.