“A false balance is an abomination to the Lord,
but a just weight is his delight.” Proverbs 11:1
Do you ever feel out of balance?
Are there days where you know instinctively that something is not right?
Having trouble putting your finger on what it is?
How do you fix it?
What do you do?
Where do you begin?
This month, The Laundry Moms are focusing on Health and Fitness. It is a subject that not only encompasses our physical fitness, but also our spiritual and emotionally well being too.
Living a balanced life is possible.
“Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, in favor before God and man.” Luke 2:52
Taking time to REFLECT
Do you have a quiet spot? A place where you can go where it is just you and the Lord? Maybe it’s in a chair on your back patio, or a rock by the lake, or even a park bench nearby? Identify a place, and go there.
“What we change inwardly, will change outer reality.” ~Plutarch
It may be time to REPENT
As God reveals areas in your life that are out of balance, quietly confess those to Him and ask forgiveness. If a loved one has been adversely affected by your actions, humbly ask their forgiveness as well and pray for the wisdom to know how to set things back in a proper order.
Giving yourself permission to REST
“Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest”
Certain personality types thrive on the challenges of the day. Each day brings something else to conquer, another victory to claim, a challenge to overcome. They are the ones who generally have the hardest time turning off their minds and their internal motivators in order to REST. God gave us six days to work with full permission to REST from our work on the SABBATH. Be free and give yourself a break.
Is it now time to RE-TOOL
Identifying and establishing priorities are one way to re-focus our lives and bring a balance to our day.
1. God – Does God have my heart today? Have I spent time alone with Him asking for His guidance and direction, studying His word, and interceding for His people?
2. Marriage – Is there unity between my husband/wife and I today? Does my spouse need anything from me right now? Do they know I love him / her? How can I show that love today in a fresh and unique way?
3. Family – Are my family relationships strong? Do my actions show them they are more important than my work? Who in my family needs my immediate attention? What’s one thing I can do in my child’s life to pour grace into it and to help set them up for success? Are there things that need to be done around my home to help my family be more comfortable and keep the engine running smoothly? Are there activities that we need to take a break from?
4. Church – Is there any ministry or service opportunity in my life today? How can I serve the body of Christ today? Who in my church family needs help today? How can I pray? Whom can I minister to?
5. Work – What is the work God has placed in front of me today? Am I diligent to complete the tasks I have been entrusted with, or have I neglected my work with ineffective time management? Are my work hours consuming too much time in the week? Do I allow myself permission to stop and rest, or do I feel like it’s all up to me and if I stop then nothing will get done? How does my work/play ratio look this week? Have I scheduled anytime at all for play and fun?
Too often our lives get out of balance when this list is flipped upside down. A simple re-tooling can place things in a proper order today and help us find a true balance and favor before God and man.