“Chicken Fiesta Casserole”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Need to spice up the dinner table this week with something new, but so easy it almost cooks itself? Then we have a recipe your going to love and the whole family will be raving about your new found dish while shouting for more “Por Favor”!
This “Chicken Fiesta Casserole” will add some flavor into your life with a little south of the border flare, that will make you want to kick up your heels with a salsa dance around the kitchen!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
Chicken Fiesta Casserole
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups fat free sour cream
- 2 ten oz cans of tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 cup monterey cheddar cheese
- THM Mineral Salt to taste (Canadians get it here)
1.Boil or bake chicken breasts. Once done, chop or shred and set aside.
2. Chop onion up and sautee. Set aside.
3.Set broiler on high heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and green chilies, sour cream, garlic, cumin, and salt. Add chicken and onions. Mix well. Adjust amount of sour cream to desired consistency.
5. Pour mixture into a large pan and sprinkle cheese on top.
6. Place in oven and broil on high for 5-7 minutes. (Or until cheese is melted and bubbly.)
7. Once cheese is melted, set lower oven on the “keep warm” setting and place in the oven until warm/hot or until you are ready to serve.
*Note: This is a ‘S’ Recipe When Following the “Trim Healthy Mama” Plan.
*Created exclusively for The Laundry Moms by Annalise Bonin!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.