English Cream Sauce
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
If you’ve been missing English cream sauce on keto French toast or pancakes, fear not! Whipped this up for a birthday breakfast the other day and it was a massive hit. I recommend making it the night before and letting it cool in the fridge. Stir it up the next morning (don’t reheat) and voila ~ perfection!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 cup of Sweetener (stevia/erythritol mix is great)
- Heat the cream and vanilla in a small saucepan (or pot) until bubbles start to form on the edges.
- While it’s heating up, separate the egg yolks and place them in a separate bowl.
- Whisk egg yolks with sweetener until smooth.
- Grab 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture and very slowly pour it into the egg mixture whisking constantly.
- Once it’s mixed well, pour the egg mixture back into the cream (slowly) and continue whisking constantly.
- Whisk for a couple more minutes and when the mixture coats the back of a spoon it’s ready.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto Friendly.
Original recipe found at All Recipes .
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.