Eggroll in a Bowl
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Looking for a new twist to your typical meat and veggie? We love this scrumptious oriental option to shake things up a bit! You’ll be coming back for seconds cause it’s just that good and a definite crowd, please! No one will feel like they’re eating super healthy, but they are!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (or oil of your choice if you don’t have sesame, but the sesame really makes the dish!)
- 1 lb. ground pork (not sausage) or ground beef (I prefer pork, but either keep it S) – and if you sub ground turkey or
- chicken, make sure it’s not leaner than 97% or it’ll be very dry, but it’s definitely not the best choice either way (see FP/E options below)
- 6 cups finely sliced cabbage (about 1 medium head)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (4g carbs per 1/4 cup serving is fine for this S meal)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1-2 drops of Young Living Ginger Essential Oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (which is a soy sauce alternative) or you can use soy sauce/Bragg’s Aminos
- Salt and black (or white) pepper to taste
- Optional: other favorite vegetables
- Optional: 2-3 green onion stalks, finely chopped
- Optional: 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Brown the ground pork (or beef) in large frying pan until fully cooked. Turn heat to medium-high and add chopped onion (not the green onions yet) and sesame oil, increase heat to lightly brown the onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, ginger and coconut amino’s and add to pan, and then immediately add the sliced cabbage and stir.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring often, so that it doesn’t burn and so all cabbage slightly wilts and reduces in size.
- Then add shredded carrots and cook for another few minutes.
- Turn off heat, add chopped green onions, salt and black pepper to taste, stir one last time and serve warm.
*(Makes 4 Servings)
To make it E:
Use extra-lean meat instead (ground turkey, or skinless chicken breast – ground, chopped, or shredded), and because of the lack of juiciness (fat) from the meat, add 1/4 cup of fat-free chicken stock (or water). You may want to also add a bit more of the aminos and ginger, and feel free to add extra carrots too! Serve over brown rice.
To make it FP:
Use extra-lean meat instead (ground turkey, or skinless chicken breast – ground, chopped, or shredded), and because of the lack of juiciness (fat) from the meat, add 1/4 cup of fat-free chicken stock (or water). You may want to also add a bit more of the aminos and ginger.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Recipe adapted from Diana Rodbourn
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas unless adapted as above and is also Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.