Easy Turkey Soup
~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
Happy thanksgiving!! We pray that your thanksgiving meal is delicious! Be sure to keep those turkey bones so that you can make this mouthwatering soup tomorrow! It’s one you can make with any leftover bones so keep it handy for another time.
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- Leftover Turkey Carcass
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Bragg Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 drops of Young Living Celery Seed Essential Oil
- THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- 1-2 drops of Young Living Black Pepper Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Young Living Oregano Essential Oil
- 1/2 TB Italian seasoning
- 1 drop of Young Living Basil Essential Oil
- Veggies of choice
Directions (for soup):
- Place the turkey carcass in your crockpot (or in a large pot on the stove)
- Peel the outer layer of the onion off and slice in half. Place both halves in the crockpot.
- Cut ends off of each garlic clove and place peeled cloves in the crockpot.
- Fill crockpot with filtered water to cover bones.
- Sprinkle heavily with salt and italian seasoning, and add in the drops of essential oil.
- Add in a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 3-4 squirts of liquid aminos.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Once cooled remove the bones, garlic, and onion pieces from the stock.
- Add in some more italian seasoning, a few more squirts of liquid aminos, another heavy sprinkle of salt, and any other veggies of choice.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
*Note: This recipe is either a FP or deep S (depending on how fatty the meat was) for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Used with permission from Meggan Larson.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.