Down Home Fried Chicken
~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
Tantalize your tastebuds with this super yummy recipe that is sure to be hit with the family. The chicken turns out so succulent that they’ll be begging for seconds (so you might want to make a double batch!). Pair it with some steamed veggies loaded with butter or a tasty salad with an olive oil dressing and enjoy!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3/4 cup of THM Baking Blend (Canadians get it here)
- 5-6 TB Refined Coconut Oil
- 1/2 TB Garlic Powder
- 1/2 TB Onion Powder
- Heavy Sprinkle of Italian Herbs
- Heavy Sprinkle of THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- Heavy Sprinkle of Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 5-6 Chicken Thighs
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl crack the egg and gently whip it with a fork and add 1-2TB of water.
- Melt 2-3TB of the refined coconut oil in a large frying pan or wok with a cover over medium heat.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg wash (both sides) and put it into the dry baking blend mix (both sides). Make sure it’s covered well.
- Put all of the pieces of chicken into the oil and fry until cooked through completely flipping several times so both sides get cooked. (You may need to add more coconut oil to the pan).
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Used with permission from Meggan Larson.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.