Dark Chocolate Peanut Caramel Bars
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
These protein bars are so yummy! Who says keto needs to be tasteless? Not us! Whip these up and enjoy a little extra protein.
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3/4 cup of unsalted Butter
- 1 cup of natural Peanut Butter
- 2/3 + 1/2 cup Stevia/Erythritol mix
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 + 2/3 cup roasted unsalted Peanuts
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 & 1/4 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 cup of melted Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp. Black Strap Molasses
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put parchment paper inside of an 8×8 square pan.
- Mix 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup of peanut butter together.
- Add in 2/3 cup of sweetener and add the eggs one at a time. Beat mixture until smooth.
- Toss in 1/2 cup of peanuts, 1/4 cup of coconut flour, and 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Spread the base evenly into the pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool then put in the freezer for an hour.
- In a medium pan melt 1/2 cup of butter and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 cup of sweetener, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1 tsp. molasses, and 1/2 tsp of salt and whisk well.
- Let it cook for 10-15 minutes without stirring then remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of peanuts and 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.
- Put in a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- When the caramel is cooled, take the peanut butter base out of the freezer and spread the caramel over it. Freeze for another hour.
- Cut into bars and place on a cookie sheet. Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the bars.
- Top with the remaining peanuts and salt and freeze for another 30 minutes.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto Friendly.
Original recipe found at Food Network.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.