Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Squash
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
This recipe is delicious! It takes a few more steps than a very simple meal but the extra work is worth the effort in this case! A creamy mushroomy chickeny sauce overtop of spaghetti squash? Yes, please!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash
- 2-3 TB Butter
- 1lb of Mushrooms (diced)
- 1 small Onion
- 1/2 cup of Raw Cashew Butter
- 2 TB Dijon Mustard
- 1 drop of Young Living Sage Vitality Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Young Living Thyme Vitality Essential Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 2 Cups of water
- 4 oz Baby Spinach
- 1lb of chicken breast (with or without skin)
- Turn the oven on to 375F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Rub with butter or oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until you can pierce the squash easily.
- Melt some butter in a large frying pan and cook the chicken until thoroughly cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt more butter in the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook until they are golden brown.
- Add the onions and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the cashew butter, dijon mustard, drops of young living vitality sage and thyme oil, and salt and pepper and whisk together. Add water 1/4 cup at a time and whisk well so no lumps form.
- Once all the water is in add the sauce to the onions and mushrooms. Dice up the cooked chicken and add it back to the pan.
- Turn heat down to low and make sure it’s all combined well then add the spinach.
- Turn off the heat and let sit while the spinach shrinks (if it’s too thick add some water).
- Scoop out the spaghetti squash and separate into 4 servings.
- Pour the sauce over each serving.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas .
Photo credit and original recipe by The Healthy Foodie.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.