Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Squash
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
This recipe is delicious! It takes a few more steps than a very simple meal but the extra work is worth the effort in this case! A creamy mushroomy chickeny sauce overtop of spaghetti squash? Yes, please!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash
- 2-3 TB Butter
- 8oz of Mushrooms (quartered)
- 4 slices of Bacon
- 8oz. Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 4 oz Baby Spinach
- 1lb of chicken breast (with or without skin)
- Turn the oven on to 375F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Rub with butter or oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until you can pierce the squash easily.
- Melt some butter in a large frying pan and cook the chicken until thoroughly cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the bacon, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken broth to the pan and cook until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add in the heavy cream and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Dice up the cooked chicken and add it back to the pan.
- Turn heat down to low and make sure it’s all combined well then add the spinach.
- Turn off the heat and let sit while the spinach shrinks (if it’s too thick add some water).
- Scoop out the spaghetti squash and separate into 4 servings.
- Pour the sauce over each serving.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas .
Photo credit to The Healthy Foodie.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.